Strength: salicylic acid (12.0% w/w) and lactic acid (4.0% w/w)
Salatac Gel has been specially formualted to treat warts, veruccas, corns and calluses.
salicylic acid (12.0% w/w) and lactic acid (4.0% w/w)
For a full list of directions on how to use Salatac Gel please read the enclosed leaflet carefully
Use as advised by your doctor. If you have not consulted a doctor apply a thin layer (1 or 2 drops) of the gel to the top of the wart, corn, callus or verruca
Do this once daily, at nighttime
Allow the gel to dry
When applying gel please be careful not to get any gel on your normal skin, as it may be irritated and sore
Do not use this gel on your face, neck, breasts, and anal region, genitals or on your armpits.
Do not use on moles.
Do not use if you have diabetes or if you have impaired peripheral blood circulation.
If your skin becomes irritated please discontinue use.
Like all medicines, Salatac Gel can cause side effects although not everybody gets them: While the gel is working you may feel a slight tingling sensation and / or some mild tenderness at the treated area. This is usually temporary, and in rare cases may appear as a temporary blemish on the skin.
WHAT SALATAC GEL IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
• Salactac is a collodian wart paint for treating warts, verrucas, corns and calluses.
– Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus.
Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the
common wart by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur
only on the sole of the foot. They can be painful, and often look like a small white ring
of skin with a black dot in the centre. The virus is very infectious. This means that warts
and verrucas can grow and spread, particularly if left untreated. The virus can also be
transferred from one person to another.
– Corns and calluses are hard, thick pads of skin caused by pressure and friction. They
usually occur on the feet due to poorly fitting shoes. They can also occur on the hands.
• Salactol is suitable for use by adults, children and the elderly.
• The active ingredients in this product are salicylic acid and lactic acid.
• The active ingredients work by:
– softening the hard skin growth, making it easier to remove with a pumice stone or emery
– helping to kill the virus that causes warts and verrucas.
2. BEFORE YOU USE SALACTOL
Do not use Salactol if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to salicylic acid, lactic acid or any of
the other ingredients of Salactol listed in Section 6.
• Do not use this product anywhere on or near your face, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital
• Do not use it on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots.
• Do not use this product if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your
hands or feet.
Take special care when using this product:
• If you are unsure whether you have a wart, verruca, corn or callus that is suitable for
treatment with Salactol, ask your doctor or pharmacist before starting treatment.
• Apply Salactol carefully, to the wart, verruca, corn or callus only, by painting it on using
the applicator attached to the inside of the cap:
– take care not to apply the product to surrounding healthy skin, especially on young
children’s delicate skin, because this may cause irritation;
– do not apply excessive amounts.
• Keep the product away from your eyes, nose, and mouth, and from broken skin, cuts and
• Avoid spillage as this may cause damage to you, your clothing and your possessions
(see Section 4).
• This product is volatile and highly flammable. Do not use it near flames or ignition sources
(e.g. burning cigarettes or anything else that might ignite it).
• Avoid inhaling the vapour.
Using other medicines
This product is not known to affect, or to be affected by any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breast feeding
This product can be used during pregnancy and while breast feeding. The ingredients have
been in widespread use in this and similar preparations for many years, without reports of
problems. However, safety trials have not been conducted.
Driving and using machinery
Using this product is not known to affect your ability to drive or use machinery.