Salactol Wart Paint is a treatment for warts, verrucas, corns and calluses. The treatment contains salicylic acid and lactic acid to break down the keratin in the affected area of the skin and kill the virus that causes a wart or verruca. Salactol Wart Paint will also soften hard skin, making it easier to remove with a pumice stone or emery board.
What Salactol contains: The active ingredients are salicylic acid (16.7% w/w) and lactic acid (16.7% w/w). The other ingredients are pyroxylin, colophony, castor oil, industrial methylated spirit and ether. This amber glass bottle contains 10 ml of collodian wart paint.
Salactol wart paint should be applied to the affected area of the skin once a day, usually in the evening. Soak the affected area in warm water for 2 to 3 minutes and dry the area thoroughly (using your own towel so you don’t spread the infection to other people). Gently rub away any loose or hard skin from the surface of the wart, verruca, corn or callus with an emery board or pumice stone. Use the applicator to apply a few drops of the paint to the top of the affected area, allowing each drop to dry for a few minutes before applying the next and avoiding spreading the paint onto any healthy skin. If the treated area is on the sole of your foot, cover it with a plaster to help prevent the infection from spreading.
Do not use this gel on your face, neck, breasts, and anal region, genitals or on your armpits.
Do not use on moles.
Do not use if you have diabetes or if you have impaired peripheral blood circulation.
cause side effects although not everybody gets them: While the gel is working you may feel a slight tingling sensation and / or some mild tenderness at the treated area. This is usually temporary, and in rare cases may appear as a temporary blemish on the skin.
If your skin becomes irritated please discontinue use.
WHAT SALACTOL IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
• Salactol is a collodian wart paint for treating warts, verrucas, corns and calluses.
– Warts and verrucas are small excessive growths of skin caused by a type of virus.
Warts often occur on the fingers, or on the back of the hands. You can recognise the
common wart by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface. Verrucas occur
only on the sole of the foot. They can be painful, and often look like a small white ring
of skin with a black dot in the centre. The virus is very infectious. This means that warts
and verrucas can grow and spread, particularly if left untreated. The virus can also be
transferred from one person to another.
– Corns and calluses are hard, thick pads of skin caused by pressure and friction. They
usually occur on the feet due to poorly fitting shoes. They can also occur on the hands.
• Salactol is suitable for use by adults, children and the elderly.
• The active ingredients in this product are salicylic acid and lactic acid.
• The active ingredients work by:
– softening the hard skin growth, making it easier to remove with a pumice stone or emery
– helping to kill the virus that causes warts and verrucas.
2. BEFORE YOU USE SALACTOL
Do not use Salactol if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to salicylic acid, lactic acid or any of
the other ingredients of Salactol listed in Section 6.
• Do not use this product anywhere on or near your face, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital
• Do not use it on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots.
• Do not use this product if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your
hands or feet.
Take special care when using this product:
• If you are unsure whether you have a wart, verruca, corn or callus that is suitable for
treatment with Salactol, ask your doctor or pharmacist before starting treatment.
• Apply Salactol carefully, to the wart, verruca, corn or callus only, by painting it on using
the applicator attached to the inside of the cap:
– take care not to apply the product to surrounding healthy skin, especially on young
children’s delicate skin, because this may cause irritation;
– do not apply excessive amounts.
• Keep the product away from your eyes, nose, and mouth, and from broken skin, cuts and
• Avoid spillage as this may cause damage to you, your clothing and your possessions
(see Section 4).
• This product is volatile and highly flammable. Do not use it near flames or ignition sources
(e.g. burning cigarettes or anything else that might ignite it).
• Avoid inhaling the vapour.
Using other medicines
This product is not known to affect, or to be affected by any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breast feeding
This product can be used during pregnancy and while breast feeding. The ingredients have
been in widespread use in this and similar preparations for many years, without reports of
problems. However, safety trials have not been conducted.
Driving and using machinery
Using this product is not known to affect your ability to drive or use machinery.
There are no reviews yet.